Zachary E. “Zac” Posen (/zæk ˈpoʊzən/; born October 24, 1980) is an American internationally acclaimed fashion designer to the stars.
Zac was raised in SoHo in a Jewish family. His passion for fashion began at an extremely young age. As a child, he would steal yarmulkes from his grandparents’ synagogue to make ball gowns for dolls. At 16, he entered the pre-college program at Parsons The New School for Design, and interned with established designers. Zac made his big break in 2000 when a dress he designed for Naomi Campbell was well received in the fashion community. Zac is said to have a unique ‘feminine esthetic’ and is a favorite to dozens of celebrities including Natalie Portman, Rihanna, Kate Winslet, and Beyonce.
Let’s have a look on his fashion collection for 2014
Also he’s a designer that brings back the model legends no matter when they modeled these are the model pioneers. His shows from last year featured models like Naomi Campbell to Alek Wek, Karolina Kurkova The seeing double shares a degree of mother/daughter duo with Pat & Anna Cleveland.
When it comes to glamour in the form of gowns, Zac Posen is a first choice. The Resort 2014 collection is nothing shy of Zac Posen’s genius and greatness. While the gowns have his signature dramatic structured silhouettes, they are a bit softer. From floral prints to techniques that include pin-tucking, pleating, multiple ruffles and ruching, this collection covers everything from evening-wear to high-glamour day looks.
Each look is timeless and ageless. To prove that Zac Posen used mother and daughter models Pat and Anna Cleveland for his look book.
Posen’s striking tangerine gown would be a welcome sight on the red carpet — as was the navy, trumpet-shaped gown Amanda Seyfried wore to the Globes from Posen’s pre-fall collection 2012.
Zac Posen – A deep crimson dress with sweet-heart neckline resembled the one Reese Witherspoon selected from the designer for the 2012 Golden Globes, making it a definite Oscar contender.
Zac Posen‘s Spring collection 2014:
Zac Posen: ‘My style could be described as unglamorous, but with panache and humour’
Zac Posen and his fondness of the world of tea party flowers, and ruffles. The way he adds softness is very rare against other designers love for both hard & soft.
1) I am a compulsive and concise shopper. I like to make my own clothes, but I enjoy nothing more than a great couture store. When I see something I like, I buy it immediately.
2) People who devote themselves to a life of style are admirable. People like Daphne Guinness; people who are entrenched in the idea of living fashion. Isabella Blow is another person whose style I admired greatly.
3) I am totally unattached to material items. But when it comes to things everyone should have, a scent is very important, as is good underwear and a great pair of sunglasses.
4) My style could be described as unglamorous, but with panache and humour. As a child I was thrilled by visits to the Metropolitan Museum. And my way of dressing is very inspired by the 80s film Dark Crystal.
5) Taking sartorial risks and not following other people is what makes you stand out. People like the Duke of Windsor devoted himself to style, and that’s something I aspire to – that level of detail.
“Floral Partying & Seeing Double”: It’s Zac Posen Stunning 2014 Resort Collection
Zac Posen David’s Bridal Collection Coming February 2014
Great news for those who are getting ready to walk down the aisle with their eternal love! Guess what! There is a chance to make your dream come true and own a Zac Posen wedding dress, since he comes up with a new affordable line thanks to his partnership with David’s Bridal. It is really surprising how after working on three lines and participating on Project Runway the designer still found time to create a new, very special line.
Besides, it is really exciting that the designer thought about all women as he doesn’t allow any restriction that prices could cause. As he said: “Over a decade I’ve been making custom one-of-a-kind bridal pieces for very rare, lucky women that can fit into our very crazy schedule—it’s a very personal experience. And I really wanted to translate that into a line that would be at a price point and that could reach a lot of women.”
“The collection draws on an aesthetic that’s glamorous, romantic, strong, with exquisite detailing from the inside out,” Posen said on the David’s Bridal website. “When a woman wears a Zac Posen gown, I want her to feel embraced and empowered, joyous and confident.” he explained.